9:00 am - 5:00 pm Mohrenstraße 40, room 415, Berlin-Mitte
Revising and Finishing your Dissertation (MGK Dissertation & Career Series)
The workshop consists of five modules, each focusing on a different aspect of revising.
- Module 1: The Dissertation Revision Phase and Basic Information on the Revision Process
Goal: To recognize revision as a separate work step; to gain clarity about the requirements on the part of the readers; to be able to name the value of the dissertation for the readers or research community.
- Module 2: Focusing on the overall architecture of the dissertation
Goal: To gain clarity about the overall architecture; to be able to name the objective of the individual chapters and the role within the architecture; to be able to recognize and eliminate deficits in the overall architecture.
- Module 3: Revision of the individual chapters
Goal: To learn strategies for efficient revision in multiple rounds; to focus on individual dimensions; to begin focused revision of individual sections of text.
- Module 4: Linguistic fine-tuning
Goal: To learn and try out strategies for efficient and effective language polishing.
- Module 5: Staying motivated in the closing phase
Goal: To be able to recognize reasons for motivation problems in the revision phase and to use strategies for self-motivation.