Application deadline: November 15th, 2022
Contact for questions and applications: email@example.com (Anne Temme, MGK
The Collaborative Research Center (CRC) 1412 ‚Register: Language Users‘ Knowledge of Situa-
tional-Functional Variation‘ invites applications for research fellowships for 3, 6 or 12 months.
Within the Integrated Graduate School (MGK), we offer fellowships for visiting scholars who
want to pursue or are already pursuing a Ph.D. relating to the research program of the CRC, or
want to explore topics relating to the CRC within their Ph.D. research. Renumeration is EUR 1,468
per month tax-free, and the fellows will need to purchase health insurance. The fellows are fur-
thermore expected to participate in the training opportunities of the Graduate School, in particular
methods schools, mentoring, and peer-to-peer networking events.
The prospective fellow must identify a research project in the CRC that they primarily will
connect to and contact a PI of that project by the time of application. Applicants who are not
yet registered in a Ph.D. program must have completed their M.A. by the planned start date.
Applicants should name other research qualifications relevant to the planned research. The Inte-
grated Graduate School aims to strengthen the diversity of the CRC and so members of groups
traditionally underrepresented in German academic leadership positions are especially encou-
raged to apply. Note that previous recipients of CRC-1412 fellowships as well as postdoctoral re-
searchers are not eligible for this stipend.
Applications must be submitted via e-mail and include the following items, preferably in a single
– A letter of intent stating the following:
- the nature of your interest in the fellowship, your research goals and research plan
for the duration of the fellowship including the CRC project you will be associated
- your contribution to the diversity goal of the CRC (if any)
- the preferred period of the stipend: (i) length (3, 6 or 12 months) and (ii) desired start date; Please note that the period of the stipend must fall entirely within the calendar year 2023, i.e. for a 12-month stipend the start date is necessarily January
the names and e-mail addresses of at least two scholars to be contacted for letters
– A CV including a complete list of qualifications and publications;
– Electronic copies of up to two representative writing samples;
– Any relevant transcripts and degree certificates in electronic form.