The CRC1412 Register is issuing the peer-reviewed journal „Register Aspects of Language in Situation (REALIS)“, which is published on the open access publication edoc-server by Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
About the series
REALIS publishes state of the art papers on register research, including but not limited to research and annotation guidelines, corpus descriptions, discussion papers, as well as excellent BA and MA theses.
View All Publications
What to submit
We accept papers in English and German related to theoretical and empirical work on language register. The content must be related to situational-functional variation, including guidelines, corpora publications and documentations aimed at register research. Submissions are highly encouraged from both members of the CRC 1412 Register and external, non-CRC members.
Final publications in REALIS are formatted with LaTeX. We accept PDF for the initial submission, but the article will be typeset in LaTeX, so we strongly encourage authors to use LaTeX right from the beginning. All submissions must adhere to the guidelines and templates provided for publication.
- Authors must respect the Generic Style Rules for Linguistics. The generic rules may be complemented by house rules.
- Authors should follow the basic requirements as provided with the LaTeX template (also in PDF format), which is based on guidelines by Language Science Press:
- Students who wish to publish their high quality BA or MA thesis should convert their thesis to the provided LaTeX template and make sure the submission meets the publication criteria for articles in linguistics. We provide a specific guide for students for this process:
Bibliographical information has to be submitted in BibTeX format.
Download the template for REALIS publications with LaTeX here:
After downloading the template, use the paper.tex file to write your paper. Either use your own editor and typesetter or upload the whole folder to an instantiation of Overleaf.
Make sure to compile with XeLaTeX and use biber for the bibliography.
- Necessary files for the paper:
- paper.tex: input your article text (including title, authors, graphics, appendix etc.)
- localbibliography.bib: insert your bibtex items for the bibliography in this file
- The download also contains further Guidelines (for information purposes only):
- guidelines.pdf: a PDF with general guidelines on formatting and style
- guidelines.tex: the LaTeX code for the guidelines.pdf, which can be helpful to see how things are done
- Necessary files for the paper:
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Authors who publish in REALIS agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are free to make their work available elsewhere (e.g. in a repository or an anthology), but only under a non-exclusive license. We appreciate if credit to the initial publication is given.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Submissions undergo a single-blind peer review.
Felix Golcher, Pia Knoeferle, Milena Kühnast, Nico Lehmann, Mingya Liu, Christine Mooshammer, Dina Serova